Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yukky Weather, but then it is January in Texas

My least favorite month of the year is January, trees are bare, grass is brown (or in the case when my son lives in Oklahoma, blonde), skys look like they were painted with lead colored paint, just a very depressing time of the year. Of course, that will soon change, and before we know it it will be June and then we will be griping about the heat.


The birds are already looking for their spring and summer dwellings, so the birdhouses are getting a real checking out. Early Sunday morning, though it was cold, the birds were fighting over which house is the best, or do the old tenants get to have it again this year. It is funny, since I am sure that some of the argueing was being done by the babies from last year, trying to take over the house that was their home. I love it when all the houses are full, getting to watch the bbies learn to fly is such a joy to behold. Ihave some new houses to put up, if it ever gets dry enough to get out into the yard. One of them fits on my window, so we can watch the progress of the nest up close and personal.


On to other things. Today I made another kit for a color challenge. This one is for Color Line Designs , instead of doing a layout I asked for and received permission to make and share a kit using their color palette. The kit has 16 papers and 16 elements. I created this little kit using items from the following people or stores, MooTwoDesigns (paper overlays), Tina Williams (paper overlay), ScrappingmyBunsoff (paper overlays), and The Ephemeral Victorian (lace, frames, flowers and ribbons). All products were either bought by me or were freely given by the designer.




Here are the links to download. As usual I ask that you leave a comment either here or on 4shared and that if you feel you need to share this kit please pass on my my Blog address not the links. If you make a layout with one of my kits I would be honored to show it off here, so send me a note at the address you can find in my profile.
Till next time, be kind to the little creatures of this world. It is also hard for them to make it through this cold, miserable weather, so some seeds, fresh water and a place to get out of the wind/rain/snow is a big help to them and to US.
Lois

8 comments:

S said...

Thank you!

SherryD said...

Lovely kit in such tranquil colors. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs!

Boo said...

WOW, Gorgeous kit hun, I love the colours and lacy feel, yummy.
Fab blog, ok, I'll show you how to add your blinkies, we can't have you blink-;ess can we, lol.
Big hug
Boo x

mhsalgado said...

Wow, Lois. Your challenge turned out beautifully! I'm in Texas too and the weather IS Yukky today. Thank you so much for creating and sharing this beautiful kit.

Michelle Johnson said...

Thanks so much for a great kit!

tajicat said...

I'm in Texas too, and I agree it is awful here this time of year! I'm ready for spring! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Lara's Digi World said...

This is very lovely freebie, thank you for sharing.
And your blog is great, keep going!!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY So very much!!!!!!!!!!